Friday, March 23, 2007

Googleproof quiz

As we all know, Google is the most powerful information tool ever devised. You have at your fingertips all of mankind's accumulated knowledge and stupidity. Compared to you, Samuel Johnson was blundering about in a dark swamp of primitive ignorance.

The only drawback to this is that quizzes are too easy.

However, I have devised the following (hopefully) Googleproof questions, for which you'll need to rely on your brain. Give it a go, it'll be retro fun.

1. Who was Gerald? Was it PA, BH, RB or TE?

2. Who was the fat, funny guy who was in the one with the guy who went into the head of the guy who said it was beyond his control?

3. Who said (Nox3)?

19 comments:

Neil Forsyth said...

Is the answer to Q1 TE?

Brit said...

'Fraid not, Neil.

Clue: it's a book (and TV) question.

Neil Forsyth said...

Drat!

erp said...

#1- PA.

#2 - JC.

#3 - EB.

Unknown said...

3. Amy Winehouse.

Brit said...

Erp: a valiant effort, but none right - sorry.

Duck: Correct! Had to get her in somewhere...

Unknown said...

2. William Shatner.

Brit said...

Sorry Duck, not this time. Later I will start giving clues.

Brit said...

(Googleproof clues)

erp said...

Darn. I googled the names I wanted so I could use their initials, not to find the answers.

Adelephant said...

#2. John Malkovich said it was beyond his control in Dangerous Liaisons, and John Cusack went into his head in Being John Malkovich. But I can't think of anyone fat in the film. Charlie Sheen?

Brit said...

Brilliant Adelephant - you're nearly there. There's another film to leap to.

Clue: it's one based on a book by the guy who wrote another book which they made into a film with Mr Darcy.

Adelephant said...

Ah - that must be High Fidelity, as I think Darcy (Firth) was in the film version of Fever Pitch - both by Nick Hornby. That would make the answer Jack Black?

Brit said...

Correct!

Unknown said...

The answer to 1 is BH.

Brit said...

Correct! Well done, I was just about to post a clue. Will you explain your answer?

Unknown said...

No, it was a random guess. You shouldn't make any of your questions multiple choice.

Brit said...

You swine. Right, I will give the clue.

Unknown said...

Yes, I cheated. Sorry! But I've made the problem only slightly less difficult to solve. I would never have gotten #3, even with your Google-able clus where I linked Mr Darcy to Colin Firth. I suspect #1, like #3, refers to a movie, book or show that I've never viewed.

Technically my answer to #3 is correct. In Star Trek 3 the Search for Spock, Spock's Katra is in Mc Coy's brain. And McCoy is with Admiral Kirk, played by William Shatner, who is a funny fat guy.