Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Budget

Thanks to all of you who voted Conservative or indeed Lib Dem (and equal and opposite curses to those who didn’t), as the Coalition Government’s extra ‘emergency’ Budget means that my business is quids-in for 2010. This won’t particularly materialise in my bank balance until November, so don’t pester me for a grateful pint until then, by which time you will have forgotten anyway.

The only downside is that I will be working for most of the next 48 hours, after which my brain will be deep fried and I will have nothing coherent at all to say about the Budget or anything else (which has never stopped me blogging before, I pre-empt you by saying).

6 comments:

Willard said...

So, you'll be able to buy yourself a pair of those horrendous trainers in time for Christmas?

Brit said...

I warned you before about dissing the Gazelles.

Gareth Williams said...

Better to paint yourself blue and wrap yourself in bandages. It would be less embarrassing.

Peter said...

I do hope you will at least be able to pen a whimsical, thoughtful essay after Slovenia ties England in extra time.

David said...

Hmm, how can I take credit for this, so I can get in on this pint? Oh well, I suppose for the cost of getting to the pub, I could buy my own pint.

Susan said...

Aw, I was hoping you would have time to comment on my blog..